Mode of operation The pressure fluctuations occurring in hydraulic systems can be cyclical or oneoff problems due to:
- flow rate fluctuations from displacement pumps
- actuation of shut-off and control valves with short opening and closing times
- switching pumps on and off
- sudden linking of spaces with different pressure levels.
HYDAC hydraulic dampers are particularly suitable for damping such pressure fluctuations. Selecting the most suitable hydraulic damper for each system ensures that
- vibrations caused by pipes, valves, couplings etc are minimised and subsequent pipe and valve damage is prevented
- measuring instruments are protected and their performance is no longer impaired
- the noise level in hydraulic systems is reduced
- the performance of machine tools is improved
- interconnection of several pumps in one line is possible
- an increase in pump rpm and feed pressure is possible
- the maintenance and servicing costs can be reduced
- the service life of the system is increased.
The HYDAC pulsation damper
- prevents pipe breaks caused by material fatigue, pipe oscillations and irregular flow rates,
- protects valves, control devices and other instruments,
- improves noise level damping.
The pulsation damper is particularly suitable for:
hydraulic systems, displacement pumps of all types, sensitive measurement and control instruments and manifolds in process circuits in the chemical industry.